Oil Containment Boom
The Industry Standard for Oil Containment Booms.
Features a high buoyancy reserve provided by stable certified log floats. Light weight and reliable construction. Can easily be moved for boat traffic. Heavy Duty aluminum ASTM approved universal slide connectors with toggle pins. UV resistant 22-ounce vinyl-coated polyester fabric material, with 5/16 coated top cable and 5/16 grade 30 galvanized chain. Full specifications below and attached.
18″ Containment Boom has been the most popular boom to date. As such, our 18″ boom specifications for our most popular option is noted below and attached. As well, we have 24″, 36″ & 42″ oil boom available. Please see attachments below to the left.
- Boom Model: 48-612-BM
- Overall Height: 18.00 inches
- Freeboard: 6.00 inches
- Draft: 12.00 inches
- Boom Length: 50 or 100 feet
- End Connectors: ASTM Universal Slide Connectors
- Lanyard: ASTM Toggle Pin
- Fabric: PVC Polyester
- Fabric Weight: 22 oz/yd2
- Fabric Strength: ASTM 1523-94 Minimum
- Color: Yellow, Orange, Red
- Flotation: 9′ Closed Cell PE Foam, ASTM D357
- Boom Weight: 1.5 lbs. / foot
- Ballast: 5/16 Grade 30 Galvanized Chain
- Chain Strength: ASTM 80, Minimum
- Top Cable: 5/16 Coated, ASTM 1523-94
Containment boom is a temporary floating barrier used to contain an oil spill. It is often the first containment method to be used and the last equipment to be removed from the site of an oil spill. They are used for concentrating oil so that it is thick enough to be skimmed, for keeping oil out of sensitive areas, or for diverting oil into collection areas. Containment booms are widely considered the most environmentally acceptable response technique to cleanup oil spills in the United States.
Part #: 48-612-BM