Tri-Star OPS – Upgraded Walls and Fiberglass Coating
TRI-STAR OPS – SEAMLESS ONE-PIECE DESIGN
SURFACE MOUNTED, STEEL DRIVE-IN CONTAINMENTS FOR REFUELERS. IDEAL FOR DOMESTIC REQUIREMENTS WHERE EASE OF RELOCATION IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE.
Part #CST-OPS-TL-FB: Tri-Star OPS with Upgraded Tri-Linear Walls and Upgraded Fiberglass Coating – Our top of the line Tri-Star OPS comes with both the upgraded Tri-Linear Walls and our upgraded Fiberglass Coating for maximum protection and ease of use
Upgraded Tri-Linear Walls: Tri-Star OPS can be ordered with proven tri-linear drive-over walls which come standard with the Tri-Star MAX Spill Containment Systems. Tri-Linear Walls combines the strength three 1/4″ Steel Walls in a triangulated design. The Tri-Linear design has been tested and proven to handle the load of a Refueler when driven over. Also, the Tri-Linear Walls serve as a guide to feed the tires of a Refueler back to the center of the system if the driver should get his tires close to the edge of the system. In comparison, a 90-degree wall only offers a single 1/4″ steel wall of protection and has no way of notifying or aiding the driver if he is getting close to the containment system walls.
Upgraded Fiberglass Coating: Tri-Star OPS can be ordered with upgraded 1/16″ Fiberglass coating instead of the basic epoxy coating. Glass matting is impregnated into the Fiberglass resin multiple times over to create a durable 1/16th fiberglass coat. Then the 1/16″ Fiberglass coating is rolled on to the top and bottom of the 1/4″ Steel Core to create one solid structure. The fiberglass coating ensures the steel core is protected from the elements and incidents throughout the use of the Spill Containment System.
Please note: Fiberglass coating is highly recommended over epoxy paint coatings. Our Tri-Star MAX spill containment systems are only sold with Fiberglass coating. However due to the simplistic one-piece design of the Tri-Star OPS, we offer the cheaper epoxy paint option.
Tri-Star OPS (One-Piece Sump – No Seams):
In our 16 year field experience with Armed services, we have found the average steel drive-in system is relocated every 3 to 4 years. The Seamless OPS system makes relocation simple; the only on-site assembly is to bolt on the exterior half of the Ramp(s) and plumb the Ball Valve and the Filter
Construction: The steel sump is seamless and shipped wide-load; off-loaded with a crane.
- Sumps: One piece sumps come standard at 12’W, and range from 30’L to 46’Long.
- Walls: Wall heights range from 6”, 8”, 9” and 10”. The Base OPS model features 90 degree tubular steel sidewalls. Walls can be upgraded to the proven trilinear drive-over sidewalls which come with a 5 year warranty.
- Coatings – The Base OPS model comes finished in a 40mil epoxy paint finish. Upgrade with fiberglass protective coating – 62mil thick with glass matting imbedded into the coating for rugged wear and long life with a 3 year warranty.
- Ramps: we offer three standard sizes of ramps:
- “X” Ramps are 3ft up/3ft down;
- “XX” Ramps – 5ft up/5ft down,
- “XXX” Ramps – 8ft up/6’-10”ft down,
- Custom ramps – can be ordered for unique requirements
- Note: The Army 2,500g HEMTT Refueler is comfortable with the “X” ramp; larger vehicles, i.e. Air Force R-11s and commercial trucks should go with the “XX” ramps. Generally the internal half of each ramp is integral to the floor of sump. If you want a drive-thru configuration you will order a second Ramp. Ramps include Line-of-Sight Poles inserted into retainers in Ramps – these PVC break-away poles are there to assist drivers backing into and driving out of the system.
- Rainwater Release: Each sump includes four 1-1/2” female threaded drain ports, one in each corner. These drains come capped with a PVC drain plug. Each system includes a steel Filter Box with removable steel lid and a bronze ball valve. Designed to safely release rainwater contaminated with an oily sheen. All spills should be cleaned up inside the containment area, NOT released through the Filter Berm which is just there to capture oily sheens left over after cleaning up spilled fuel. We position the Ball Valve and Filter Berm outside the containment sump to prevent damage from truck movement inside the berm.
- Tie-Downs: Each system includes tie-downs to secure the sump to the substrate if desired. Because of the weight few systems are actually anchored to the substrate.
- Shipping: The one piece OPS system at the standard 12ft wide sump MUST SHIP “WIDE LOAD”. Up to five (5) systems maximum on one flatbed truck. Wide load shipments are limited in the USA to the lower 48 States. We have not shipped the OPS systems overseas.
- Plumbing system together to share capacity: Larger capacity vehicles, i.e. the 5,000g Army Fuel Trailer, 6,000g R-11, can be accommodated in the standard 40’ to 46’ (*) OPS systems if at least two systems are positioned side-by-side and are plumbed together (Plumbing Kit available) to share capacity (two systems plumbed can provide 5800g to 6660g of surface containment if plumbed together; add a third sump for even greater capacity). (*) We recommend R-11s use longer sumps, i.e. 46ft or longer for stopping issues coming down off the entry ramps.
Part #CST-OPS: Tri-Star OPS Basic Unit –Tri-Star OPS Basic Unit comes with a 90 degree – 2” wide tubular steel walls and epoxy coating. The Tri-Star OPS is our basic unit and does not come with upgraded walls or coating. Below features some of our upgraded options for the Tri-Star OPS.
Part #CST-OPS-TL: Tri-Star OPS with Upgraded Tri-Linear Walls – Tri-Star OPS can be ordered with proven tri-linear drive-over walls which come standard with the Tri-Star MAX Spill Containment Systems. Tri-Linear Walls combines the strength three 1/4″ Steel Walls in a triangulated design. The Tri-Linear design has been tested and proven to handle the load of a Refueler when driven over. Also, the Tri-Linear Walls serve as a guide to feed the tires of a Refueler back to the center of the system if the driver should get his tires close to the edge of the system. In comparison a 90 degree wall only offer a single 1/4″ steel wall of protection and has no way of notifying or aiding the driver if he is getting close to the containment system walls.
Part #CST-OPS-FC: Tri-Star OPS with Upgraded Fiberglass Coating – Tri-Star OPS can be ordered with 1/16″ Fiberglass coating instead of the basic epoxy coating. Fiberglass coatings come standard with the Tri-Star MAX Spill Containment Systems.. Glass matting is impregnated into the Fiberglass resin multiple times over to create a durable 1/16th fiberglass coat. Then the 1/16″ Fiberglass coating is rolled on to the top and bottom of the 1/4″ Steel Core to create one solid structure. The fiberglass coating ensures the steel core is protected from the elements and incidents throughout the use of the Spill Containment System.
Part #CST-OPS-TL-FC: Tri-Star OPS with Upgraded Tri-Linear Walls and Upgraded Fiberglass Coating – Our top of the line Tri-Star OPS comes with both the upgraded Tri-Linear Walls and our upgraded Fiberglass Coating. See the Tri-Star OPS with Upgraded Tri-Linear Walls or the Tri-Star OPS with Upgraded Fiberglass Coating for specific details about either one of these upgraded features.
Other Tri-Star Spill Containment System options:
Tri-Star MAX – Modular paneled steel systems. Comes in 7′ Lengths.
Tri-Star Low Profile Containment Pads with drive-over speed bump walls. Built to custom lengths and widths.
Tri-Star Wash Pads – Surface mounted Wash Pads in custom configurations
Tri-Star MAX’s modular construction allows the disassembled panels to be stacked for shipment over the highways or containerized for shipment overseas.
Ramps: The interior half of the ramp system is integral to the end panel. The outside half of the ramp system bolts onto the assembled structure.
Ramps come in three standard lengths:
“X” Ramps extend out for the ramp peak 3ft in both directions, 6ft total. These ramps are sufficient for most military tanker trucks.
“XX”extends out from the ramp peak 5ft in both directions, 10ft total. Large AF R-11 refuelers and most large commercial refuelers are comfortable with this ramp.
“XXX” Ramp extends out from the ramp peak 8ft in both directions, 16ft total. This ramp is occasionally used for very large refuelers, or situations where site conditions dictate a longer ramp.
All Tri-Star MAX Truck Containment Systems come with up to four large (1-1/2”) female threaded Drain Ports. Generally located in each corner. The open floor plan allows for rainwater to flow freely to the lowest corner. The Drain Ports can be secured with a Filter Berm on the inside of the drain, and a Ball Valve on the outside, to safely control rainwater releases from the system
Half inch thick steel tie-downs are used at every joint to secure the system to the substrate. Understanding that a 42’ long full size Tri-Star containment system with ramps at either end weighs approximately 13,000 lbs. and isn’t going anywhere
System is completed with Line-of-Sight poles; break-away design that gives the driver a visual point of reference entering and leaving the system.
Need additional capacity… Plumb systems together to share capacity. The five systems pictured to the left were plumbed together to create more than 14,000 gallons of surface containment!
Add a Tri-Star Canopy for protection from the elements. The canopies are surface mounted; no ground penetration. A heavy duty anchor is attached to the rugged tri-linear sidewall, and the canopy poles are secured to these anchors. Designed to withstand winds to 80 mph.
We now offer surface mounted Tri-Star OPS Steel Building! These can be ordered complete with roll-up doors and man-doors.
- See additional images of Tri-Star Tanker Truck Containment in our photo gallery!